Reports To: Director of Resident Services/ Executive Director
Philosophy: The Cottages on Wesleyan Team is dedicated to providing care and services to mature adults in a home-like residential environment. Our goal is to nurture the spirit, protect privacy, foster individuality and enable freedom of choice, while encouraging independence and preserving dignity.
We are committed to continuous staff training and educational programs ensuring our residents always receive personalized care and attention.
Qualifications/ Skills Needed: The candidate must hold a High School Diploma or GED. Preferred candidates must have a current license as a Certified Nursing Aide license (C.N.A.) Must be current in First Aid and CPR.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- To provide assistance with activities of daily living to the residents of the assisted living (following the Resident Service Evaluation, such as showering, dressing, medication management)
- To assist in the dining room (set up, service of meals to residents, break down, clean up, other kitchen duties)
- To assist residents with ambulating as needed, may push resident in wheelchair.
- To assist residents in community activities, such as Bingo, parties, etc.
- To report any changes in a resident’s condition (physical, cognitive, emotional) to supervisor
- To follow schedules for cleaning residents’ suites and for doing residents’ laundry
- To take a class and become a certified medication aide ( provided by the assisted living community)
- To report any safety and/or maintenance issues to supervisor